PITTSBURGH - For the second time this season, Steelers linebacker T.J. Watt was named AFC Defensive Player of the Week.
Watt had a big game for the defense against the Atlanta Falcons, recording three sacks, eight tackles and a forced fumble. The fumble was recovered in the end zone for a Steelers touchdown.
Watt, his brother J.J. and Geno Atkins from the Bengals are in a three-way tie for the NFL sack lead with six each.
The Steelers play the Bengals on Sunday.
Watt was also named AFC Player of the Week after the Steelers Week 1 tie against the Cleveland Browns. He recorded three sacks in that game as well.
- Doctor explains why mysterious polio-like illness is afflicting children so badly
- 2,600 stamp bags of heroin, cash seized from suspected drug dealer's home
- Steelers head coach fined for comments made about officiating during Sunday's game, report says
- VIDEO: West Penn dresses newborns up like Elton John
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.