CRANBERRY, Pa. - A couple of major changes happened in the professional women's hockey landscape in the spring of 2019
On March 31, the Canadian Women's Hockey League announced that it would cease operations on May 1, after 12 seasons. The six-team league had paid its players a stipend in its final two seasons in existence. The CWHL's folding left the five-team National Women's Hockey League as the only organized professional women's league in North America.
- Pittsburgh doctor does not take insurance and charges $35 per visit
- Second McDonald's employee charged in violent fight in downtown Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh's 2019 Light Up Night festivities include performance by Adam Lambert
- VIDEO: Fire destroys popular barbecue restaurant on Pittsburgh's North Side
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
DK Pittsburgh Sports