PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Penguins assistant general manager Bill Guerin is heading to Minnesota.
The Minnesota Wild announced Wednesday Guerin has been named the team’s fourth general manager.
Guerin has served as the Penguins’ assistant GM for five seasons, but he has been on the Penguins’ staff for eight.
Guerin played in the NHL for 18 seasons, including his final two with the Penguins -- winning a Stanley Cup with the team in 2009.
You can now customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts to sports news. CLICK HERE to find out how.
- Diocese says closing schools promotes better learning for students
- State asks Kennywood why they keep closing The Steel Curtain
- Mom claims pair posing as Child Protection Services workers tried to take son; police investigating
- VIDEO: Soon-to-be brides out of a reception venue after facility abruptly closes
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.