PITTSBURGH - The Penguins will be without starting defenseman Justin Schultz for the next four months.
According to a release by the team, Schultz underwent surgery to repair a lower leg fracture that he suffered when he went into the boards awkwardly during Saturday’s game against the Montreal Canadiens.
The surgery was performed at UPMC Presbyterian Hospital in Oakland.
Schultz is expected to missed four months, according to the release.
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle announce pregnancy
- New mass times, priest reassignments begin for parishes in Diocese of Pittsburgh
- Police, motorcycle gang brawl at South Side bar
- VIDEO: Deputies Use Doritos to Corral Pig 'The Size of a Mini Horse'
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.