ATLANTA - Major League Baseball reports Josh Bell leads all players in votes for the All-Star Ballot at the first base position.
According to MLB, the Pirates slugger had 621,915 votes as of Tuesday. The next closest National League first baseman was the Cubs' Anthony Rizzo with 461,210.
Bell another double and his 56th RBI of the season. They pitched to him, and they paid for it #wpxi— Alby Oxenreiter (@albyox) June 6, 2019
Bell was named the NL Player of the Month for May, entering Tuesday's game against Cincinnati with 18 home runs and 58 RBIs.
>>>>>RELATED: Josh Bell named NL Player of the Month
MLB said Tuesday that Bell was the league leader in doubles and RBI, eighth in the league in batting average, 18th in on-base percentage and third in slugging percentage.
Also on the All-Star Ballot for 2019 are Melky Cabrera, Adam Frazier and Francisco Cervelli.
MLB said fans have until June 21 to cast their vote.
CLICK HERE to vote for your favorite players.
- Another American tourist died in Dominican Republic after drink from hotel minibar, family says
- Flames engulf tractor-trailer, fuel pumps at turnpike service plaza
- Funeral home to hold burial for veteran with no family, would like volunteers to attend service
- VIDEO: Search underway for person who shot dog then dumped him under bridge
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.