BOSTON, Mass. - Sunday's game between the Los Angeles Chargers and New England Patriots will be a major milestone for the NFL as the first to include a female officials in a playoff game.
Sarah Thomas will be a down judge for AFC divisional round playoff game.
Four years ago, Thomas became the NFL's first full-time female official. Prior to joining the NFL, Thomas was an official for the United Football League.
She was also the first woman to ever officiate a college football bowl game.
Thomas started officiating high school football in 1999.
- Officer shot, killed while investigating traffic accident
- Man found shot to death in running SUV
- Disneyland Resorts raise ticket prices to $149 for one-day ticket on peak days
- VIDEO: Missing teen found alive after parents killed; suspect in custody
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.