A complicated system is bringing a wintry mix of snow, sleet, freezing rain and rain to the area Wednesday.
WINTRY MIX: Timing snow, sleet, freezing rain into area
Snow started moving south to north before sunrise, with the line of wintry mix pushing north through the morning.
Here’s the latest timing of the system.
WEDNESDAY LATE MORNING (7 a.m. - Noon)
- There will be snow for much of the area north of Allegheny County.
- A wintry mix of snow, sleet and freezing rain will fall in Allegheny, Westmoreland and Washington counties. It could also move into Butler County.
- There will be primarily rain south of Interstate 70, but a mix is expected in the mountains.
WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON (Noon - 4 p.m.)
- Any mix of precipitation will briefly change back to snow before ending.
- Most of the steady precipitation will be gone between 2 p.m. and 3 p.m.
WEDNESDAY EVENING (5 - 8 p.m.)
- A few light snow showers will redevelop as colder air works in.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.