• Candle blamed for blaze at Ross Township home

    Updated:

    None - ROSS TOWNSHIP, Pa. -- A candle left unattended is being blamed for a fire that broke out in Ross Township on Sunday.

    The fire marshal said that candle could have cost the family their home.

    The flame ignited clothing in a second-floor room at a home along Varney Street, crews said.

    The homeowner said he heard his sister screaming and rushed upstairs to see what happened.

    “I seen flames, so I pushed the door open, and there was just a massive amount of fire everywhere,” said Chris Donovan.

    “I have a lot of cats. They say they can't find some of them,” said Sherry Donovan. “So, I don't know if they got caught in the fire. "

    Three people who were inside got out safely. Firefighters were able to contain the flames  to one room.

    Next Up: