PITTSBURGH - Lane closures will occur on Interstate 279 and the High Occupancy Vehicle lanes in Allegheny County on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, according to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation.
PennDOT announced that crews will be inspecting overhead signs on I-279 north and south, as well as the off and on ramps of the McKnight Road exit. Crews will also be inspecting overhead signs on the HOV lanes between the Perrysville exit and the Veterans Bridge exit.
Lane closures will occur as needed according to the following schedule:
- I-279 northbound from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- I-279 southbound from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- I-279 off-ramp to the McKnight Road/Evergreen Road (Northbound) exit from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- I-279 on-ramp from McKnight Road from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- HOV lanes between the Perrysville Exit and the Veterans Bridge from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Motorists are asked to use caution, allow extra time and expect changing traffic patterns when traveling through the area.