PITTSBURGH - Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier has started physical rehabilitation as part of his recovery, according to a news release by UPMC.
— UPMC (@UPMCnews) December 14, 2017
Shazier was injured while attempting to make a tackle during the Dec. 4 game against the Cincinnati Bengals.
He underwent spinal stabilization surgery at UPMC Dec. 6 and remains in the hospital.
- Report: Steelers' Shazier showing gradual improvements after spinal surgery
- Antonio Brown showcases Ryan Shazier-themed cleats
- Steelers’ Shazier undergoes spinal stabilization surgery in Pittsburgh for back injury
- 5 things to know about spine condition affecting Steelers' Ryan Shazier
The Steelers and UPMC have not provided information on the extent of Shazier’s spinal injury. UPMC did say any additional updates on Shazier would be provided by them.
The team placed him on injured reserve this week, ending his season.
- Two identified after murder-suicide on Penn State-Beaver campus
- PHOTOS: Snow blankets western Pennsylvania
- SUV crashes into Mt. Lebanon Post Office
- VIDEO: Vet finds nearly two dozen pacifiers in dog's stomach
© 2018 Cox Media Group.