Creative Services paid internship for summer of 2017
The intern will help cover entertainment events and provide content for WPXI.com. 20 hours/week.
- Take photos at events.
- Post photos on WPXI.com.
- Learn how to create original stories for WPXI.com.
- Learn how to create engaging posts on social media.
- Learn how to shoot video for WPXI.com.
- Help on-site at internal and sales events.
- May be asked to help with production shoots.
- Must be going into your junior or senior year of college.
- Students majoring in journalism, digital media, communications preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Hardworking with a good attitude.
- Flexible schedule; Some nights and weekends required.
- Basic photography skills.
- Basic knowledge of AP style, social media, content management systems and Adobe Photoshop is a plus.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record required.
Email your resume and cover letter to Carly Boucher at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make the subject “summer internship.”
Sales Department paid internship
The Sales Department intern will support the day-to-day activities of the sales team. They will learn valuable skills related to Sales and a general office. They will have opportunity to be creative, grow professionally and learn valuable professional skills outside the classroom. They will work no more than 15 hours per week and be paid minimum wage.
- Attend all station meetings….Quarterly staff, Olympic meetings
- Attend weekly sales meetings to learn and understand the business and projects
- Work with the web department – Julie Jena will provide duties
- Closely shadow and work with specific Account Executives on projects and sales calls
- Go out on sales calls with reps
- Work with other Departments if interested especially News. Work at the Assignment Desk and go out with reporters
- Research the internet for any new leads
- Check competitors websites for advertisers
- Provide assistance to the National Sales team by printing contracts in WO, communicating with our National Sales staff, CoxReps both through phone conversation and our software program Medialine, filing
- Send Spot Time reports on Mondays and Fridays
- File Public File documents in folders in Executive Offices
- Answer the main switchboard for the entire station daily to cover for receptionist during his lunch
- Various office duties
Please contact Sharon Parkes @ email@example.com or 412/237-1228 if you are interested
© 2017 Cox Media Group.