PITTSBURGH — Local dioceses are making changes to its services because of growing concerns about the coronavirus.
While Masses are currently not being held in the Diocese of Greensburg because of concerns over the coronavirus, the following services can be streamed:
- Bishop Edward C. Malesic, Mass livestreamed Sundays at 9 a.m., at dioceseofgreensburg.org and the Official Diocese of Greensburg Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages
- Blessed Sacrament Cathedral, Mass livestreamed Monday-Saturday, 10:30 a.m. on Parish Facebook @blessedsacramentcathedral and @dioceseofgreensburg
- Our Lady of Grace, Greensburg, and St. Benedict, Marguerite, livestream Mass Saturday at 4 p.m., interpreted for the deaf and hard of hearing, YouTube at Our Lady of Grace Roman Catholic Church - Greensburg PA. Posted to parish Facebook sites, Facebook OLGGreensburgPA and StBenGreensburgPA, and parish websites, www.ourladyofgracechurch.org and www.stbenchurch.org.
- Seton Hill University, Mass posted at 7 a.m. Sunday and Wednesday at mass.setonhill.edu.
- Church of the Good Shepherd, Kent, Mass livestreamed at 9 a.m. daily and 8 a.m. Sundayon Facebook @dioceseofgreensburg.org, Latin Mass at 1 p.m. Sunday, available on YouTube tiny.cc/FatherMorelli and parish site, www.goodshepherdkent.org.
- Immaculate Conception Parish, Irwin, available Sunday at 8 a.m., at www.icirwin.org and Facebook @ICIrwin
- St. Agnes Parish, Sunday Mass recorded; Mass livestreamed 7:30 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday, Facebook @StAgnesRomanCatholicChurch and YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwxongm36rqzd5jrlD5fteA Posted on parish website, www.stagneschurch.info.
- St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish, North Huntingdon, recorded Mass to be posted Sunday at 9 a.m. on parish Facebook @seasnh and YouTube https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC7KuTX-qlr3v6e-0fhqtKnQ and parish website, www.seasnh.org.
- St. Barbara Parish, Harrison City, Sunday Mass live at 4:15 p.m. Saturday, Facebook @stbarbarahc and Instagram @stbarbarahc
- Saint Vincent Basilica Seminary and Monastery, recorded Mass at 8 a.m. daily at http://www.saintvincentseminary.edu/multimedia/
- Holy Family, Latrobe, Mass livestreamed Monday-Friday 11 a.m. at Facebook @HolyFamilyLatrobe, Sunday Mass recorded, posted Saturday evening; YouTube, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdywYmg1oUM6gTX6AUX-Gsw Posted on parish website, www.holyfamilylatrobe.org
- St. James Parish, New Alexandria, daily Mass recorded and posted to YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAbI6z05isQ
- St. Regis Parish, Trafford, Saturday Vigil Mass recorded and posted by 7 p.m. on YouTube @StRegisTrafford and parish website, www.stregistrafford.org
- Partner parishes of St. Peter, Brownsville, and St. Cecilia, Grindstone, livestreamed Sunday at 11 a.m. on Facebook @HistoricChurchofStPeter and posted to parish website at www.stpeterstcecilia.org
- St. John the Baptist Parish, Perryopolis, will record the Mass Sunday-Saturday to post on Facebook @sjbperry, Twitter at sjb_perry, YouTube.com/user/sjbperry and the parish website, ww.sjbperry.org.
- The Epiphany of Our Lord Parish, Monessen, Sunday Mass recorded and posted at Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Epiphany-of-Our-Lord-165220990523049/, YouTube, Epiphany of Our Lord Catholic Church, the parish website, www.eolparish.weebly.com and on MVI Live www.monvalleyindependent.com
- St. Sebastian Parish, Belle Vernon, Sunday Mass recorded and posted on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/StSebastianChurchBelleVernon/, the parish website, www.stsebastianchurch.org and MVI Live www.monvalleyindependent.com
All masses in the Catholic Diocese of Pittsburgh are cancelled until further notice, according to a release from Bishop David Zubik.
Zubik said all weekday and Sunday masses will be cancelled. However, arrangements are being made to livestream more masses in the days ahead.
“Although in many ways it saddens me to make this decision, given the best advice from health experts on federal, state, and local levels, I feel it is a necessary one at this time. I’m counting on the understanding and cooperation of all in the Diocese of Pittsburgh as we pray for each other. At this difficult time, we especially are relying on the intercession of Mary, Mother of Jesus and Mother of the Church, and Saint Joseph, foster father of Jesus and Patron of the Universal Church,” Bishop Zubik said.
Zubik is calling for a “special day of prayer” in Pittsburgh on March 25 – which is the Feast of the Annunciation in Catholic calendars.
You can customize your WPXI News App to receive breaking news alerts. CLICK HERE to find out how.
© 2020 © 2020 Cox Media Group