Crews battle fire at business hub in Millvale

MILLVALE, Pa. — Firefighters from several departments were called to battle a fire at a business hub in Millvale on Monday.

The fire at the Millvale Food + Energy Hub in the 100 block of Sherman Street broke out just before 10 a.m.

Fire officials at the scene told Channel 11 they were called for an electrical fire in the basement and found several batteries that support the solar-powered system at the building on fire.

The building, which is the former Moose Lodge, is solar-powered with a cafe, food rescue and more. There are several tenants inside the building, including 412 Food Rescue.

Several streets in the area are blocked off, including Grant Avenue at Sherman Street. Crews said they expect to be out there for several hours.

The Ross West View Emergency Rescue Service Authority is asking people to avoid the area.

No injuries have been reported.