INDIANA COUNTY, Pa. — A teenager is being charged as an adult with criminal homicide in connection with the kidnapping and death of an Indiana County man in October.
According to Pennsylvania State Police, 19-year-old Hayden Robert Garreffa was found dead in a remote, wooded area of Brush Valley Township on Oct. 22 around 4 a.m.
Indiana County Coroner Jerry Overman Jr. responded to the scene and ruled Garreffa’s death as a homicide, police said.
Police said he was reported missing from his East Wheatfield Township home on Oct. 20. Police said it was determined he died that day at around 2:30 p.m.
PREVIOUS COVERAGE >> 7 adults charged with criminal homicide in kidnapping, murder of Indiana County man
Police said that after an extensive investigation, it was determined that Garreffa was kidnapped and then killed on Oct. 20.
Harmony Rhyne Hayward, 14, was originally charged as a juvenile but is now being charged as an adult.
According to Pennsylvania State Police, Hayward is being held in a juvenile detention facility and is awaiting her preliminary hearing.
The adult suspects were identified as the following:
- Desean Garcia Alvarez, 21; male; of Hammond, Indiana
- Isaac Joel Buchkoski, 21; male; of Johnstown, Pennsylvania
- Mia Shai Catalfano, 18; female; of Johnstown, Pennsylvania
- Taylyn Nashell Edwards, 18; female; of Johnstown, Pennsylvania
- Thomas Alan Rivera, 20; male; of Johnstown, Pennsylvania
- Summer Isabella Settlemyer, 18; female; of Johnstown, Pennsylvania
- Jesse Lee Wadsworth, 18; male; of Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Preliminary hearings are scheduled for Jan. 13, 2023 at 9 a.m.
Download the FREE WPXI News app for breaking news alerts.
©2022 Cox Media Group