Fire pit on deck sparks flames that destroyed Westmoreland Co. home

Fire pit on deck sparks flames that destroyed Westmoreland Co. home

MOUNT PLEASANT TOWNSHIP, Pa. — A Westmoreland County family was forced from their home early Thursday when fire ripped through their home.

The family was sleeping inside when the fire broke out at the home on Kecksburg Road in Mount Pleasant Township around 1 a.m.

If you want to receive BREAKING ALERTS, please download our WPXI News App. You can also follow WPXI on Facebook and Twitter.

Content Continues Below

Fire investigators told Channel 11 the fire started in a fire pit on the deck and spread to the house.

A big chunk of the roof is missing, and thick smoke was seen pouring from the house.

Everyone got out of the house OK, and no one was hurt.

RAW: Mt. Pleasant house fire