MCKEESPORT, Pa. - Mold was found behind walls of four rooms at UPMC McKeesport Hospital, officials said.
The “small amount” of mold was discovered during routine maintenance, according to a UPMC spokesperson.
“It was contained behind the walls and proper barriers were in place during the maintenance, so no patients were exposed and we are unaware of any related illnesses. Air quality testing confirmed that it is contained, and remediation is underway,” the spokesperson said in a statement.
The four rooms on two adjoining floors were unoccupied and will remain closed until remediation is completed, the spokesperson said.
As is routine, the Pennsylvania Department of Health was immediately notified, according to the spokesperson.
- New video shows police, Pagans Motorcycle Club members drinking together
- Suspect in February murder turns herself in
- 6 children dead, 12 more infected after virus outbreak at hospital
- VIDEO: Roman Reigns reveals leukemia diagnosis
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.