PITTSBURGH — You’re invited to share your thoughts about new bike lane projects throughout several Pittsburgh neighborhoods.
MoveForwardPgh is hosting a virtual meeting Wednesday night to discuss several streets that could be impacted throughout Shadyside and Squirrel Hill to “create less stressful biking and walking” in those areas. The organization said “there remain significant barriers to safe walking and biking” in these neighborhoods.
The plans would allow better access to colleges and universities in Oakland, business districts, grocery stores, schools and hospitals.
Projects for these neighborhoods include the following:
- Aiken Ave Bike Facilities – Ellsworth to Baum
- Beacon St Bike Lanes – Wightman St to Shady Ave
- Beacon St Protected Bike Lanes Upgrade – Wightman St to Schenley Park
- Shadyside Connector – Neville to Negley
- Melwood Connector – Bayard to Gold
- Schenley Meadow Trail – Beacon to Bartlett
- Wightman Street Bike Lane Upgrade – Forbes to Beacon
CLICK HERE for more information.
Cox Media Group