PITTSBURGH — A major makeover is happening at Roundhouse at Hazelwood Green in Pittsburgh’s Hazelwood neighborhood.
Crews are working to redevelop the former 10-bay Roundhouse, where work on train engines was once done, while maintaining the historic value.
The ultimate goal of the renovations is to turn the 178 acres of riverfront property into green space, housing and businesses.
The Roundhouse was originally built in 1887 by the Monongahela Connecting Railroad. It was previously owned by Jones & Laughlin Steel Company and LTV Steel.
Cox Media Group