DUQUESNE, Pa. - A woman is facing charges after an incident on a local bridge early Sunday morning.
According to the Duquesne Police Department's Facebook page, officers were on patrol around 5:15 a.m. when they found an SUV sitting in the middle of the Thompson Run Bridge.
Officers saw a 21-year-old woman from Pittsburgh running from the scene.
Police chased and eventually caught the woman on the bridge, but not before she threw an unknown object over the bridge that landed on a train below, according to the post.
According to the post, the woman was visibly impaired and admitted to speeding, losing control of the vehicle, and flipping it two times.
She was arrested and charged with DUI, leaving the scene of an accident, driving at an unsafe speed and littering.
- Inmate found dead in cell in Allegheny County Jail
- Pittsburgh rapper Mac Miller dies at age 26
- Chick-fil-A responds to ‘incredibly disturbing video' of worker attacking man in restaurant
- VIDEO: Police: Man Stabbed by Friend in Neck After Sex
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.