The (Uniontown) Herald-Standard reports that 29-year-old Andrea Dusha was sentenced Monday in accordance with an earlier no contest plea to third-degree murder.
Dusha and 34-year-old Michael Wright Jr. were charged in the February 2016 death of their daughter, Lydia. Authorities said the 23-month-old child weighed just 10 pounds when she died. Wright was convicted of third-degree murder and is to be sentenced later this month.
Defense attorney Wendy Williams said there hasn't been a day in which her client and her family haven't expressed regret. Dusha, who was credited for time served since her arrest, said she hoped to "move forward from this."
Information from: Herald-Standard, http://www.heraldstandard.com/
- HAVE YOU SEEN HER? Police searching for owner of car involved in deadly Penn Hills hit-and-run
- Kennywood makes Potato Patch cheese change amid social media outrage
- Tennessee mass murder suspect now charged in slaying of headless man found 10 days earlier
- VIDEO: Popular smartphone app may have played a role in deadly crash
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.