Former NBA star Dennis Rodman is denying allegations that he helped thieves steal thousands of dollars in merchandise, including a 400-pound crystal, from a yoga studio in southern California.
According to The Associated Press, Ali Shah, the owner of Vibes Hot Yoga in Newport Beach, claims that Rodman and three others came into the studio last week and "worked together to distract an employee" as they stole the massive amethyst crystal and clothing.
- Trying to lose weight? Here are the worst foods to eat if you're on a diet
- Man dead, woman injured after double stabbing in Carnegie
- Woman dies from rabies after bites from stray puppy during vacation
- VIDEO: American Airlines Pilot Arrested in 2015 Triple Homicide
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
TMZ shared surveillance footage from the store that appears to show a man attempting to pick up the geode, which fell to the floor and shattered. The video shows the group placing the pieces of the crystal onto a dolly and leaving the store with it, USA Today reported.
Shah also claimed that Rodman came back the next day and distracted another worker as a woman stole clothing, the AP reported.
Rodman denied the accusations in an interview with KCBS-TV.
"I didn't do anything," he said, adding that the owner offered the items as gifts.
A woman said she owns the crystal, which Rodman was helping her retrieve, the news station reported.
Police are investigating the allegations but have not made any arrests, USA Today reported.
– The Associated Press contributed to this report.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.