Ivana Trump, the ex-wife of former President Donald Trump, has died, family members said Thursday in a statement. She was 73. The cause of her death is unknown.
Here are five things to know about Ivana Trump.
1. Ivana was a former model born in Czechoslovakia, according to NBC News.
2. Ivana married former President Donald Trump in 1977, according to the New York Times. The divorce was finalized in 1992. The divorce was filed following former President Trump’s affair with Marla Maples who he later married.
Ivana Trump and former President Trump share three children — Donald Trump Jr., 44, Ivanka Trump, 40, and Eric Trump, 38, the NYT said.
3. Ivana was a businesswoman who took major roles in the Trump business empire even served as an executive vice president of the Trump Organization and was the president of the Trump Castle Hotel and Casino in Atlantic City, according to Forbes.
4. Ivana was born Ivana Zelnickova in 1949, Bloomberg said. She was born in Gottwaldov which was the former city of Zlin which was renamed by the Communists in 1948.
5. Ivana created clothing, jewelry and beauty lines that were sold on the Home Shopping Network and QVC. She also invested in real estate herself in the United States and Europe, she wrote multiple books including topics on her marriage with former President Trump and coping with divorce, according to the NYT.
©2022 Cox Media Group