PITTSBURGH — As if we needed any more reason to celebrate Pittsburgh, the Penguins will be hosting their first “Pittsburgh Theme Night” at Tuesday’s game at PPG Paints Arena against Minnesota.
The Clarks will play during both intermissions and then perform a special concert after the game.
The Pirate Parrot, Steely McBeam and Kenny the Kangaroo will join Iceburgh to greet all of the fans.
There will also be the opportunity to take photos with the 8-foot “Pittsburgh Parking Chair.”
The Penguins said other activities will include:
- The National Aviary will have a live animal exhibit, including a penguin and a falcon, in the Highmark Hallway of Champions.
- The Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh will provide a craft station for all ages.
- Speed painter Cody Sabol will paint a picture of the Pittsburgh skyline during the first intermission behind Section 104. His artwork will be auctioned by the Pittsburgh Penguins Foundation in their game-day auction at www.pens.givesmart.com.
- The foundation’s game-day auction will also be Pittsburgh-themed, featuring items from the Penguins, Pirates and Steelers.
- Aramark will offer a Pittsburgh-themed cocktail throughout the arena and Pittsburgh-themed menus in the Lexus Club.
© 2020 © 2020 Cox Media Group