PITTSBURGH - You can now bid on the special ‘Stronger Than Hate’ Penguins jerseys that the team wore during Tuesday night’s game against the New York Islanders.
The jerseys featured a special patch on the shoulder which incorporated the team logo and the Star of David. After the game they were signed and are now up for auction.
You can bid on the jerseys HERE.
As of Wednesday morning, captain Sidney Crosby’s jersey had the highest bid of over $20,000.
All money raised through the bidding process will be donated to support the Jewish Federation of Pittsburgh and a fund established to benefit police officers wounded at the Tree of Life synagogue shooting.
The Penguins' game-worn #StrongerThanHate jerseys are up for auction.— Pittsburgh Penguins (@penguins) October 31, 2018
All proceeds from the auction will benefit @JewishFedPGH and a fund established by the @PghPublicSafety to benefit police officers wounded during the attack.
Bid here: https://t.co/43KzCgQxIA pic.twitter.com/7NwGLMKVAt
The team also collected donations before the game, and raised more than $209,000.
11 seconds of silence for 11 lives lost.— Pittsburgh Penguins (@penguins) October 30, 2018
Irving Younger pic.twitter.com/H3BkI9CvBC
- Notorious Boston gangster, fugitive Whitey Bulger found dead in prison
- President Trump, first lady leave Pittsburgh after trip to synagogue, hospital
- LIVE UPDATES: Another police officer released from hospital
- VIDEO: Hundreds gather for solidarity march in Squirrel Hill
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.