MIAMI — The Pittsburgh region is a football powerhouse, with many big name NFL players tracing their roots here.
Here are some regional connections to Super Bowl LIV between the 49ers and Chiefs:
- Emmanuel Sanders - The former Steelers wide receiver had two catches back in Super Bowl XLV during his rookie season in 2011. The Steelers ultimately lost to the Green Bay Packers.
- CB K’Waun Williams & Jaryd Jones Smith - Both of these NFL stars played their college football at the University of Pittsburgh
- K Robbie Gould, DL Kevin Givens & DL Anthony Zettel - These players were Nittany Lions, playing college ball at Penn State University.
You can customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts for sports stories. CLICK HERE to find out how.
- RB LeSean McCoy - “Shady” as he’s often known is a Pitt legend. In his first year as a Panther, 2007, he rushed for over 1,300 yards and had 14 touchdowns. The next season he was a second-team All American, ranking third in the nation for rushing touchdowns.
- OL Stefen Wisniewski - Wisniewski is a Pittsburgh native, attending Central Catholic High School and Penn State University.
- S Jordan Lucas - Lucas played college football at Penn State University.
- LB Dorian O’Daniel - O’Daniel was born in Canonsburg and worked out for the Steelers at one point before the 2018 NFL Draft.
- Mark Donovan - President is from Pittsburgh and attended North Hills High School.
© 2021 © 2020 Cox Media Group