PITTSBURGH — A number of employees at the Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium will be temporarily furloughed due to the coronavirus pandemic, officials said Monday.
You can customize your WPXI News App to receive news alerts. CLICK HERE to find out how.
Veterinarians and staff will continue to care for the animals on site while keeping the necessary safety protocols in place. The furloughs will affect roughly a third of the zoo’s 140 full-time staff members. Zoo executives will continue working, however, without pay.
If you’d like to help, you can:
- Renew or purchase a membership
- Buy a gift certificate for a friend or family member
- Get involved with programs like Adopt-an-Animal
- Visit the zoo when it reopens to the public
- Donate to the zoo’s emergency operating fund online or send a check to the Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium at One Wild Place, Pittsburgh, PA 15206
© 2020 © 2020 Cox Media Group