PITTSBURGH — A Public Works employee was hit by a car while cleaning up East Carson Street and six people were arrested in the South Side during St. Patrick’s Day celebrations, according to police.
Officers said the Public Works employee was with cleaning crews near East Carson Street and South 17 Street when a woman leaving a local restaurant hit him. The driver immediately stopped to check on the employee. He was checked by medics but was not injured.
Police said six people were arrested during the celebrations. The arrests include:
- (1 person) Possession with intent to deliver
- (1 person) Fleeing and eluding, and criminal mischief
- (1 peson) Disorderly conduct and public drunkenness
- (1 person) Disorderly conduct
- (2 people) Disorderly conduct, public drunkenness and resisting arrest
Officers said crowds were smaller for the holiday than in past years. They attributed that to concerns about the coronavirus.
© 2020 © 2020 Cox Media Group