• Neighbor risks life, rushes to fire to make sure family was OK

    Updated:

    SLIPPERY ROCK, Pa. - Slippery Rock neighbors risked their lives and rushed to a fire to make sure a family was OK.

    “I’m still shocked.  I’m overwhelmed,” said Christine Lipke.

    Lipke, a young mom, hasn’t had time to tell her two children they lost everything in the fire.

    Lipke said she had just left the house for work. Her mom put her 5-year-old and 8-year-old kids on the bus. No one was home.

    Firefighters believe space heaters may have started this fire. The family told Channel 11 it had one in each bedroom.

    Neighbor Troy Grossman saw the flames and ran to help.

    “I started kicking in the door and grabbed a sledgehammer to ram the door, but the flames were too intense,” said Grossman.


    Next Up:


  • Headline Goes Here

    Neighbor risks life, rushes to fire to make sure family was OK

  • Headline Goes Here

    Pa. woman missing 14 years is suspect in recent disappearance of woman

  • Headline Goes Here

    Jennifer Sybert: 5 things we know about suspect in woman's disappearance

  • Headline Goes Here

    Police: Men wanted after allegedly stealing 7 cases of beer

  • Headline Goes Here

    Woman's 911 call goes to the wrong county, she dies before EMS arrives