Local

Pittsburgh Renaissance Festival postpones opening weekend

Pittsburgh Renaissance Festival postpones opening weekend The Pittsburgh Renaissance Festival is postponing its opening weekend.

SOUTH HUNTINGDON TOWNSHIP, Pa. — The Pittsburgh Renaissance Festival is postponing its opening weekend.

The popular gathering of knights, maidens and creatures was originally scheduled to begin tomorrow and run through Labor Day (Sept. 27). Due to expected inclement weather, organizers decided to push the opening back to next weekend (Aug 29-30).

Organizers said rainy weather from earlier this week compromised the festival grounds and parking lot. While they were hoping Friday’s pleasant weather would dry things out, organizers say the “moisture has been too heavy to allow full enjoyment of the native landscape.”

“We feel the conditions for our patrons’ enjoyment just aren’t where we would like them to be, and postponing the opening of Festival Season 2026 is just the right thing to do,” owner Jim Paradise said.

Time will not be lost, though, with organizers extending the season through the first weekend of October.

The Renaissance Festival features jousting, nine stages of shows, knighting ceremonies, arts and crafts for six weekends and Labor Day through Oct. 4.

For more information on the event, click here.

Download the FREE WPXI News app for breaking news alerts.

Follow Channel 11 News on Facebook and Twitter. | Watch WPXI NOW

0