ATLANTA - A mother is furious that people watching her 8-year-old son on fire started recording instead of helping.
Sanquon King is now listed in critical condition at Grady Memorial Hospital after suffering burns over 38 percent of his body.
The child's mother, Willtrivius King, told WSB-TV adults watched her son frantically running around Friday evening after he caught fire at Covington Housing Authority Units and did nothing.
Someone shot video of him screaming for help. One woman can be heard barking instructions.
"Lay down in the grass and roll. Lay down in the grass," she said.
The same woman also made a comment to someone who thought what was happening was entertaining.
It’s unclear exactly what happened and how the boy caught on fire.
- New video shows police, Pagans Motorcycle Club members drinking together
- Suspect in February murder turns herself in
- Sergeant placed on leave during Rachael DelTondo murder investigation back on job
- VIDEO: Girl mistakes bride for Cinderella
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.