HARRISBURG, Pa. - Twelve jurors and four alternates were selected in Harrisburg for the trial of Michael Rosfeld, the former East Pittsburgh police officer charged with shooting and killing Antwon Rose.
On Friday, it was announced that one juror was dismissed and was replaced by an alternate. Previously, another juror was replaced by an alternate for medical reasons.
Those jurors were bused from Dauphin County back to Pittsburgh for the trial, which began Tuesday.
Reading this in the WPXI News App? Click the + next to the headline to subscribe to alerts for the latest details from the on-going trial.
The men and women are tasked with determining if the former officer was acting within the law when he shot and killed the 17-year-old last June.
Rosfeld pulled over the vehicle Rose was in after it was suspected to have been part of a drive-by shooting earlier that night.
- Michael Rosfeld, officer who shot Antwon Rose, charged with homicide
- Criminal complaint against officer Rosfeld says Antwon Rose did not fire any shots in N. Braddock
- Officer was sworn in hours before killing unarmed teen, mayor says
- RAW VIDEO: Officer Michael Rosfeld arrives for court Wednesday
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Rosfeld shot Rose, who was unarmed, in the back while he was running from the vehicle.
Of the 12 jurors selected, nine are white and three are black.
The juror who was dismissed was a white woman. The alternate who replaced her is a white man.
The juror who was replaced by an alternate for medical reasons is a white man. The alternate who replaced him is also a white man.
There's also a wide variety of ages and life experiences among the jurors.
- White man, 45 years old, works in distribution
- White man, 50 years old, service writer at an auto body shop
- White woman, 35 years old, customer service manager
- White woman, 27 years old, business analyst
- Black woman, estimated age 40s, social worker
- White man, 52 years old, insurance adjuster
- White woman, estimated age late 50s, child care subsidy specialist
- Black man, 71 years old, retired school teacher
- Black woman, 55 years old, virtual customer service specialist
- White man, estimated age 50s, heavy equipment operator
- White man, 26 years old, state budget analyst
- White man, 41 years old, nightclub bar back
© 2019 Cox Media Group.