PITTSBURGH - Three theaters in the Pittsburgh area are set to screen “Purple Rain” in memory of Prince starting Saturday.
Prince’s Oscar and Grammy award-winning “Purple Rain” will be showing Saturday through Thursday at Carmike Cinemas 15 in Greensburg and Carmike Cinemas 10 in Bethel Park. The AMC Loews Waterfront Theater in Homestead will be showing the film two times a day for about a week.
- LATEST: Tributes to Prince spring up across the US
- PHOTOS: Monuments light up in purple in tribute to Prince
- Music legend Prince dead at 57
- PHOTOS: Prince through the years
- Celebs, social media mourn Prince's death
- Pittsburgh musician recalls years he spent playing with Prince
- Concert promoter on bringing Prince to Steel City: ‘He loved Pittsburgh'
- The moment Prince inspired the making of 'Purple Rain'
- Remember Prince's legacy with one of the greatest performances of all time
“Purple Rain” will be showing in approximately 80 theaters across 24 states.
The showings are in tribute to the late singer who was found dead at his Minnesota estate Thursday. He was 57.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.