Attorney General Josh Shapiro is holding a news conference Friday at the court complex outside Philadelphia where Bill Cosby was convicted of sexually assaulting a woman in 2004.
A state grand jury in August found that some 300 Roman Catholic priests had sexually abused children in cases going back decades and that church leaders systematically covered it up.
The Pennsylvania House has voted to give child sex abuse victims, in cases now too old to pursue, two years to file lawsuits. The Senate's Republican leaders are resisting that provision.
Shapiro also wants the Legislature to lift the statute of limitations for criminal prosecutions.
- Local barber charged with selling crack out of shop
- Dad accused of starving infant daughter told 911 dispatcher baby was ‘dead as a doornail'
- Man falls 2 stories on set of Mister Rogers movie, taken to hospital in serious condition
- VIDEO: Aerial Footage Of Hurricane Michael Damage
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.