PITTSBURGH — Time is running out for you to register to vote for the November election.
The last day Pennsylvania residents can register to vote is Oct. 19, and there are a few things to know ahead of the deadline:
To register to vote, you must:
- Be a United States citizen at least 30 days before the election.
- Be a resident of Pennsylvania and your election district for at least 30 days before the election.
- Be at least 18 years of age on the day of the election.
If you haven’t registered to vote yet, you must do the following steps to vote in the Nov. 3 election:
- Complete a voter registration application online or by mail -- you can find both free versions from the state HERE.
- Submit it by delivering to your county voter registration office or by mail to your county voter registration office (received by Oct. 19). Not sure where your local office is? Click here to find out!
- If you have one, please have your Pennsylvania driver’s license or PennDOT ID available to reference as you complete the application.
- If you are on active duty in the military, or you are a hospitalized or bedridden veteran, you can register at any time. See www.fvap.gov for more information.
Any questions you have related to voter registration or submitting your ballot can usually be answered by your local elections office. Find who to contact for your area here.
You have the option to vote by mail or in-person during the election.
Polling places are open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Election Day. If you have questions, you can ask a poll worker.
According to state officials, if you plan to vote by mail-in ballot, your completed application must be received in the county office by 5 p.m. on Oct. 27. Your voted ballot must be returned by 8 p.m. on Election Day (Nov. 3).
If your ballot is postmarked by 8 p.m. on Election Day and received in your county office by 5 p.m. on Nov. 6, it will be considered timely.
NOTE: If you apply for and receive a mail-in ballot, you cannot vote as a regular voter in your polling place on Election Day.
© 2020 Cox Media Group