PITTSBURGH — Facebook is expanding its operations in Pittsburgh.
Mayor Bill Peduto said the social media giant has not made an official announcement but said the company will lease a four-story building that is currently under construction on Smallman Street in the Strip District.
It's not clear how much of the building Facebook will take up or how many employees will work there.
Facebook's Oculus division, which designs virtual reality systems, moved into Schenley Park in 2016.
"Facebook has been looking at Pittsburgh for a while now the expansion of several hundred employees and I'll let them say how many exactly what they are bringing to Pittsburgh," Peduto said.
In addition to Facebook, the mayor says two other companies are also bringing hundreds of jobs.
- Emergency response crew disciplined after drinking during hurricane relief mission
- Man Wins $1 Million From Lottery Using Lucky Fortune Cookie Numbers
- Events, road closures announced for Great Race weekend
- PHOTOS: Ed Sheeran wears Mac Miller shirt at Pittsburgh concert
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Cox Media Group