PITTSBURGH — A series of free COVID-19 testing events are scheduled to take place at faith-based organizations throughout Allegheny County over the next few weeks.
According to a news release, the county teamed up with six medical groups and 21 congregations to hold the free testing events. Prescriptions or referrals are not needed. Insurance is also not needed, but those who do have it should bring their information with them. Pre-registration is also not required.
The testing will be done outside so people will be able to drive up or walk up. Results are estimated to be returned in two-to-three days.
You can now customize your WPXI News App to receive news alerts. CLICK HERE to find out how.
Here are the dates and locations:
Wednesday, October 21
- Petra International Ministries: 235 Eastgate Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15235 from 2:00 to 4:00 pm
Thursday, October 22
- The Hill House Family Health Center with Calvary Baptist Church: 2629 Wylie Ave., Pittsburgh, PA 15219 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Mount Ararat Church: 271 Paulson Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15206 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Monday, October 26
- Jerusalem Baptist Church: 12 S. 5th St, Duquesne, PA 151101 from 2 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Hilltop Community Health Center with St. Paul AME Church: 151 Ruth Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15211 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Wednesday, October 28
- Mt. Olive First Baptist Church: 451 Park Ave., Clairton, PA 15025 from noon to 3:30 p.m.
Thursday, October 29
- Pentecostal Temple Church of God In Christ: 6300 E Liberty Blvd, Pittsburgh, PA 15207 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
© 2020 Cox Media Group