PITTSBURGH — It’s been a long time coming, but children ages 5 - 11 can get vaccinated against COVID-19.
U.S. health officials gave the final signoff to Pfizer’s kid-size COVID-19 shot, a milestone that is a major expansion of the nation’s vaccination campaign to children as young as 5.
Here are specific places around Pittsburgh where you can get your kids vaccinated against COVID-19:
- Allegheny Health Network - Appointments can now be scheduled through the AHN website or any AHN doctor’s office
- Asti’s Pharmacy - Asti’s Pharmacy is currently offering vaccine clinics at the pharmacy every Friday between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- CVS Pharmacies - Pediatric immunizers will begin administering the Pfizer‐BioNTech vaccine for children ages 5 to 11 in select locations.
- Giant Eagle - The Pfizer Pediatric COVID-19 vaccine is available at select locations. Visit their appointment scheduler to search for appointment availability.
- Kids Plus Pediatrics - They will offer COVID-19 Vaccine Clinics in and around Pittsburgh for children to be vaccinated against the virus.
- Mainline Pharmacy - All stores have the age 5-11 vaccine in stock.
- RiteAid - Appointment scheduling for children 5-11 is available.
- UPMC - Families can schedule online or by calling 844-UPMCVAC (844-876-2822) seven days a week between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- UPMC Children’s Community Pediatrics - Offers the two-dose Pfizer vaccine series at select UPMC CCP offices. The current vaccine supply is limited.
- Walgreens - Children who receive their first dose will come back for a second shot three weeks later.
- Find a COVID-19 vaccine: Search vaccines.gov, text your ZIP code to 438829, or call 1-800-232-0233 to find locations near you.
Have questions about the spread of the coronavirus? We have an entire section dedicated to coverage of the outbreak. CLICK HERE for more.