PITTSBURGH - Production has been suspended after tragic accident on the scene of Tom Hanks' upcoming Mister Rogers film "You Are My Friend."
James Emswiller, a 61-year-old Emmy-award-winning sound mixer from the Pittsburgh area, took a smoke break between filming scenes when others nearby said they heard a noise and discovered he had fallen from a balcony, police said.
"He had a genuine smile that was contagious. He was my best friend," Emswiller's wife Beth Amber said.
He was taken to Mercy Hospital where he died from injuries related to the fall.
"When I got to Mercy I didn't know much because they wouldn't let me see him because they were working on him. I guess about two hours later they came out to tell me he had expired," Amber said.
To stay on top of the latest news in your neighborhood, download the WPXI News App.
While it's still not clear exactly what happened, witnesses said he had been leaning against a pole before he fell.
"I spoke to the ME today, they called me with the cause of death which was blunt force trauma to the head and torso from the fall," Amber said.
- Young boy brutally beaten on bus, mother says attacker should be charged
- Skylights 2018: Week 7 high school football scores
- 'He was my best friend': Wife mourns husband's death on Mister Rogers movie set
- VIDEO: Florida Bus Driver Gets Bus Stuck In Pool
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2018 Cox Media Group.