Sam Nover, a former WPXI Sports director, has died.
Nover had a huge impact on Channel 11 and was one of the groundbreaking personalities in Pittsburgh television. He spent close to 30 years at Channel 11.
Nover conducted the final television interview with Pirates Hall of Famer Roberto Clemente.
Channel 11's current sports director, Alby Oxenreiter, described Nover as a perfectionist with a booming voice who paid keen attention to detail.
Nover spent a good portion of the year in Florida, but still loved coming back to Pittsburgh for a few months every year.
Nover was 77 years old.
- 2nd violent incident in Heinz Field stands during Steelers game draws scrutiny
- 300-pound Erie woman pleads guilty in crushing death of 120-pound boyfriend
- Dog sniffs out owner's cancer, not once, but 3 times
- RAW VIDEO: Brett Keisel at Children's Hospital
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2020 Cox Media Group