SHARPSBURG, Pa. - A wrong-way crash sent several people to the hospital and shut down part of northbound Route 28 in Sharpsburg for several hours Tuesday morning.
Officials said three people were taken to the hospital after the crash, which was reported just before midnight.
One of two vehicles involved in the crash rolled over. Its roof was removed so one person could be extricated, according to the Cherry City Volunteer Fire Company.
Crews just returned from a multi-vehicle crash with entrapment and rollover on Route28 NB. Crews had to remove the roof of the vehicle to extricate patient. PSP is investigating the cause. pic.twitter.com/fZpBCnRO98— Cherry City Fire (@CherryCityFire) October 23, 2018
Northbound Route 28 is closed between the Etna/Route 8 exit and the Highland Park Bridge.
Pennsylvania State Police are investigating.
- New video raising questions about police, motorcycle club fight inside South Side bar
- Babysitter faces charges in death of infant
- Police: Woman, 75, shot grandson for putting cup of tea on furniture
- RAW VIDEO: Power crews attempt to install tower using helicopter
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.