CHARLEROI, Pa. - A water main broke Friday morning in Charleroi, causing part of a road to buckle.
The break occurred about 6:30 a.m. in front of the water treatment plant on McKean Avenue, emergency dispatchers said.
Part of McKean Avenue was closed because of the break in a 24-inch line. One lane reopened just before noon.
People in the area initially experienced low or no water pressure, officials said. All service has since been fully restored.
Work to repair the damage caused by the break continues.
- ONLY ON 11: Local Uber driver describes being blindsided by police after night of driving
- WWE wrestler Ashley Massaro dead at 39
- 3 charged in connection with slain pregnant woman found with baby cut from womb
- VIDEO: 8-Year-Old Boy Shot, Killed in Home Invasion at Father's House
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.