WASHINGTON — White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany is the latest in President Donald Trump’s inner circle to test positive for the coronavirus.
McEnany has been tested daily since Thursday when it was announced that the president and first lady Melania Trump were infected.
McEnany said she is not showing symptoms. She will start the quarantine process and work remotely.
The White House Correspondents Association wished McEnany a speedy recovery.
Since their announcement an outbreak of the virus has been reported in Republican circles. Trump’s family, advisers and high ranking politicians have reported infections.
The growing list includes:
Current, former Trump administration officials:
• Hope Hicks, one of Trump’s closest aides.
• Nicholas Luna, a White House aide who works closest to Trump.
• Kellyanne Conway, former White House counselor, is experiencing mild symptoms.
Members of Congress, the judiciary:
• Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah (member of the Senate Judiciary Committee).
• Sen. Thom Tillis, R-N.C. (member of the Senate Judiciary Committee).
• Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis.
Republican Party officials, Trump campaign staff:
• Ronna McDaniel, chairwoman of the Republican National Committee.
• Campaign manager Bill Stepien is experiencing “mild flu-like” symptoms.
• Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie checked himself into Morristown Medical Center on Saturday as a precautionary measure.