PITTSBURGH — Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger talked about the growing controversy over Antonio Brown's missed practice Monday and “trade me” comment on Twitter.
Roethlisberger said Brown is “the best in the world” and says it can be frustrating for everyone when the team isn’t winning.
Roethlisberger also said the leaders in the locker room can help the team move past the distraction.
Roethlisberger also said Brown has not yet addressed the team about missing practice or about comments made on Twitter after Sunday’s loss.
Roethlisberger also told reporters that he didn't take that comment on Twitter after Sunday's loss literally.
Roethlisberger said he plans to get the team back on track by "Playing my butt off."
Brown missed practice on Monday, coach Mike Tomlin confirmed during his press conference Tuesday.
Tomlin said he looked forward to talking to Brown Tuesday and would not discuss specifics about whether Brown’s absence Monday was excused or not.
Brown's agent told ESPN's Adam Schefter that his client does not want to be traded and was not at the Steelers practice facility Monday due to a personal matter.
Brown returned to the practice Wednesday.
- Man who bought wrong beer shot to death; 2 men charged
- 670-mph hyperloop from Ohio to Chicago moves closer with new regulations
- Are Bert and Ernie gay? 'Sesame Street' weighs in on ex-writer's comments
- VIDEO: Great white shark lair discovered in middle of Pacific Ocean, dubbed 'White Shark Café'
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Cox Media Group