PITTSBURGH - Imagine getting a brand-new car. Now imagine that it was Pittsburgh Penguins legend Sidney Crosby who handed you the keys.
That was the situation for one local veteran Friday, according to the Pittsburgh Penguins website.
The team's website reported that Madeline Malizio was an Army Specialist for five years, attending CCAC for legal studies, and is a single mother. She didn't own a car.
Crosby heard about her situation, according to the website, and met her Friday following the team's practice. He walked her to a corner of the team's practice facility, opened a garage door and there sat Malizio's new wheels: a 2019 Honda Passport that Crosby had won as MVP of the 2019 NHL All Star Game.
You can customize your WPXI News App to receive sports news alerts. CLICK HERE to find out how.
Malizio will reportedly be in attendance at Saturday's game against the Blackhawks at PPG Paints Arena.
- Local woman's tragic story an example of alarming trend that's concerning doctors, expectant mothers
- Collision between trains causes massive derailment in Hempfield
- Man dies after large trench collapse in Washington County
- VIDEO: Local couple gets married in hospital ICU after man's sudden heart issues
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.