PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Steelers are not expecting Le’Veon Bell to return this week, according to a tweet from ESPN's Adam Schefter.
Steelers are not expecting RB Le’Veon Bell to return to the team this week, per source. The Steelers are on their bye this week, the players are off Thursday through Sunday, so now the Bell watch begins for next Monday, Oct. 22.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 15, 2018
According to a previous report, Bell was expected to return this week.
Second-year running back James Conner has been starting during Bell's absence.
Reading this in our app? Tap + above the headline to subscribe to alerts for the very latest Steelers news.
Bell has been holding out since before training camp, when the team offered him a one-year contract using the franchise tag.
The team used a similar contract on Bell last season, and despite skipping all of training camp he did join the team for Week 1 of the 2017 campaign.
- Sears files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy; 3 Western Pa. Kmarts to close
- Police, motorcycle gang brawl at South Side bar
- Frost advisory issued for parts of the area
- VIDEO: Event raising awareness of domestic violence honors woman killed by boyfriend
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.