PITTSBURGH — Students in at least five school districts in the Pittsburgh region returned to the classrooms Monday for in-person learning.
The Bethel Park, North Hills, Moon Area, Leechburg Area and Seneca Valley school districts welcomed students back to classrooms under various models.
You can customize your WPXI News App to receive news alerts. CLICK HERE to find out how.
In Bethel Park, students are being split into two groups. Each group will go to school in person two days a week, and then complete courses online at home the other three days.
The North Hills School District also started hybrid learning Monday, with students going to class two days a week and learning virtually three days a week.
Moon Area students in grades K-6 can attend class in person four days a week. Students in grades 7-12 can go one day a week.
Leechburg students also returned to the classrooms Monday. They have been learning virtually since school started in September after the school board reversed a decision to offer the option of in-person learning.
Seneca Valley students returned to the classrooms under a five-day-a-week in-person model. However, after getting input from parents, administrators said some families are opting for distance-learning out of safety and health concerns.
Here are some of Seneca Valley’s protocols:
- Before coming to school, students and staff must complete a daily electronic health screening questionnaire, including temperature check, to assess for signs and symptoms of COVID-19
- At school, staff disinfect all rooms daily
- Water fountains are bagged, off limits
- Hand sanitizer and dispensers are in every classroom, common areas and office spaces
- Floors are cleaned every day; HVAC filters will be replaced frequently
The district said any positive tests are reported to the Pa. Department of Health, and it will then provide guidance.
Is there an issue at your child’s school that you’d like us to investigate? Contact our investigators by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (412) 237-4963.
Cox Media Group