FOX affiliate Q13 broadcast video from the Tuesday night speech that showed a more orange-toned Trump with his tongue hanging out languidly from his mouth after making a statement.
The video's filtered colors look more saturated and the tongue appears doctored. Mynorthwest.com posted side-by-side videos showing the discrepancies.
Q13 news director Erica Hill said: "This does not meet our editorial standards and we regret if it is seen as portraying the president in a negative light."
Hill also confirmed on Thursday that the station investigated the incident and fired the editor involved.
Trump in his televised address had urged for border wall funding amid the federal government shutdown that's lasted nearly three weeks.
Information from: KIRO-FM, http://mynorthwest.com/
- Woman banned from Walmart after riding cart while drinking wine from Pringles can, police say
- 3 hospitalized after pickup truck goes off road, hits pole, collides with car head-on
- Ex-LSU football player loses leg after hunting dog shoots him
- VIDEO: Man accuses Greyhound driver of racial profiling
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.