• Woman sues Olive Garden, claims stuffed mushrooms burned her throat

    By: Shelby Lin Erdman, Cox Media Group National Content Desk

    FORT WORTH, Texas -

    A Texas woman is suing a Fort Worth Olive Garden restaurant over a stuffed mushroom appetizer she claims burned her throat.

    >> Read more trending news 

    Danny Howard filed the lawsuit earlier this month, alleging that she suffered severe burns and even stopped breathing in August 2017 when the hot mushrooms she ordered lodged in her throat, the Star-Telegram reported.


    Howard contends the wait staff did not warn her how hot the mushrooms were.

    She said she was forced to call 911 while on her way to see a doctor over the throat burns and was eventually admitted to Parkland Hospital’s Burn Unit.

    She is seeking $200,000 to $1 million in damages, the newspaper reported.

    Olive Garden has not commented on the case.



    Next Up: