NORTH BEAVER TOWNSHIP, Pa. - A man was killed when a large steel pipe fell from a truck at a gas well site in Lawrence County and killed him.
Leonard Long, 60, of Glen Campbell was working at the Hilcorp gas/oil well site in North Beaver Township Monday morning around 11:15 p.m.
According to investigators, Long and his coworkers were trying to load and secure large sections of steel pipe and drilling equipment onto a truck.
That's when the pipe fell and struck Long, who was standing next to the truck.
No one else was hurt.
It's unclear if charges will be filed.
- Big baby: New York woman gives birth to 15-pound girl
- Jelly Belly creator releases line of CBD-infused jelly beans
- Arrest made in threat against Bethel Park High School
- VIDEO: Daily low-dose aspirin for heart attack or stroke no longer recommended for older adults
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.