PITTSBURGH - Getting from Pittsburgh to Europe is getting even easier.
British Airways will launch nonstop service from Pittsburgh to London’s Heathrow Airport starting Tuesday.
The new flights will run on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. Flights depart London at 5 p.m. and land in Pittsburgh at 8:15 p.m. Flights to Europe depart Pittsburgh at 9:50 p.m. and arrive in London at 10:25 a.m. the following day.
Passengers will ride on a Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner. According to a release by the airport, Pittsburgh-based companies PPG and ATI are suppliers for the 787 and aeorspace industry as a whole.
- Video released of Alaskan father, son killing shrieking bear cubs
- Celebrities protest Georgia's anti-abortion bill
- This 19-year-old man has not been seen in a week
- VIDEO: Family unable to withdraw GoFundMe donations following firefighter's death
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.